Friday, November 04, 2005

touch and pictures

I've decided that I love smooth surfaces. I love running my fingers over them and enjoying how pure they seem, and that the surface always feels cool, as though smoothness can never overheat. I found a periodical in the library today with THE silkiest sides. My supervisor and I kept stroking the paper's edges over and over; it was an addiction. Some reward pathway must have been stimulated because I keep wanting to go back and touch it again.
I saw a brilliant picture last night. I didn't notice its glory at first, because it looked so ordinary that I decided it wasn't really worth a second glance. However, since it was my friend who took the photograph, he kept insisting that it was "his favorite photo of the day" and made me look at it again. After inspecting it again, I still wasn't impressed. It wasn't until this morning around 9am that I decided that I very much enjoyed it. Maybe it's because it was morning, or maybe because I was less tired and cranky (which is odd because I'm definitely NOT a morning person), or maybe I was influenced by the collage of leaves through the library windows (as well as the fact that I was surrounded by artwork). Suddenly, the photo was perfect. It wasn't just a tree with a building in the background (boooooring). The tree was highlighted by the sunlight so that the leaves were practically glowing yellow, and the shadows worked in such a way that the building was darkened so that the tree was even more accentuated. It really evoked this feeling of crisp fall weather and made me relax.
I'm going to the Poetry Slam thing tonight at Juna's, since Theo made it sound so interesting :-P So I guess that's what my next post will be about. Stay tuned and stay classy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home